Answered By: Van Pelt and Opie Library Last Updated: Jun 15, 2020 Views: 91
If you are off-campus, please mail them back to the library (see address below). If you are in the area, please return materials via one of our book drops. One book drop is inside the main entry doors, and the other is just inside the overnight entrance on the MUB-side of the building. Please be aware that books placed in the drops may not be checked in by library staff immediately. We will not be charging overdue fines or processing lost items.
Van Pelt & Opie Library
1400 Townsend Drive
Houghton, MI 49931-1295
- I have a loaner laptop from ENG 1102 that needs to be returned. I went back home and I am trusting a friend to return it for me but I'm not sure what to tell him. I can't imagine that he'd put the laptop in the drop box so I'm not sure what to do about it.
- Hello, please ask your friend to return the laptop to Public Safety.
- I have a book that I got via MelCat earlier in the semester, and I still have it on me. Should I still hold on to it, or should I mail the book to the library? Answer: Please mail the book to the library, attention ILL. Thank you!
Suggestions and Help
Still haven't found what you're looking for?
At this time, the SRC station will be closed but librarians and SRCs will be online and answering questions. Email, chat, phone, and text are the best ways to reach us.
- Library Research (Library)
- COVID-19 (Library)
- Archives (Archives)
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) (Library)
- Student Research Consultants (SRCs) (Library)
- Citation Management (Library)
- Technology (Library)
- Circulation (Library)
- Course Reserve (Library)
- Library Instruction (Library)
- Workshops (Library)
- Google (Library)
- IT-Help (Library)
- Standards (Library)
- Library Building (Library)
- Library Collection (Library)
- Digital Commons (Library)
- Archives (Library)
- Open Educational Resources (OERs) (Library)
- Digital Measures (Library)